1. All entrants to competitions must follow the steps on
the Submit a Pub Walk page
and only pub walks entered in this way will be eligible to win a prize.
2. The closing date for entering pub walks for a competition will be shown on the pub's profile page.
3. MyFavouritePubWalks.com will endeavour to upload all pub walks promptly into
the database but cannot be
held responsible if delays reduce or remove the period that any pub walk is
available online to receive votes.
4. There is no limit on the number of pub walks that a Contributor may enter into
5. Anyone wishing to be a "Voter" in a competition must first
register with this site
before they can rate a walk or add comments. Registration is free.
6. Any pub offering prizes for the best pub walk from their door is eligible to have their competition listed for free
7. Votes can be cast using the 5-star rating system by clicking "Add a
comment" while viewing a pub walk in the database. Voters can only rate
and/or comment on pub walks they have downloaded and tried. If any Voter appears
to be abusing the rating system then their votes and/or comments may be removed
at the discretion of MyFavouritePubWalks.com.
8. The pub walks will be judged on a number of factors including but not necessarily
limited to the 5-star ratings and feedback provided by Voters.
The decision of the judges will be final and no correspondence will be entered into. The
names of winners will be shown on the MyFavouritePubWalks.com website once these are notified to it by the judges.
9. Where prizes are offered by a pub, the pub
will nominate its own judges to decide who are the winners. Where a regional competition is run
by MyFavouritePubWalks.com, judging will take place by MyFavouritePubWalks.com
and any associates or sponsors that it may nominate for this purpose.
10. The accuracy of the information regarding any pub walk is the sole responsibility
of the Contributor or person who submits the walk to this competition and
no responsibility is accepted by MyFavouritePubWalks.com or its associates
or competition sponsors for any of the content of pub walks nor for any injury
or loss that may result from the pub walks being undertaken.
11. Any comments
made by Voters using the 5-star rating and review system are the sole responsibility
of the Voter who made them and no responsibility is accepted by MyFavouritePubWalks.com
or its associates or competition sponsors for any of these comments.
12. By allowing a pub
to run a competition using the site, MyFavouritePubWalks.com
merely facilitates the pub in identifying its own pub walks and promoting
its business to the walking community and no responsibility is accepted by
MyFavouritePubWalks.com or its associates or competition sponsors for any
activities undertaken by or comments made by or to any such establishment. Furthermore,
MyFavouritePubWalks.com reserves the right to remove at its sole discretion
any pub walk or review or competition that is brought
to its attention where it considers the spirit of a competition has been abused
or that matters are unreasonable, objectionable, unsafe or otherwise unsuitable.
13. Contributors own the copyright of their pub walks but they also agree to grant MyFavouritePubWalks.com
a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive, sublicenseable right and license to
use the work in any way that helps to promote either the pub walk or the purposes
of MyFavouritePubWalks.com or both. Contributors also agree that editorial revisions
to the walk may be made by MyFavouritePubWalks.com before or after publication
on the site. By submitting a pub walk, the Contributor warrants that the words,
maps and pictures are entirely their own work and have not been copied from
another source unless the Contributor owns the rights to do so. Contributors
also agree to indemnify MyFavouritePubWalks.com against all legal fees, damages
and other expenses that may be incurred by MyFavouritePubWalks.com as a result
of their breach of the above warranty.
14. Anyone loading pub walks or voting for pub walks and any pub offering prizes
in relation to any competition is automatically deemed to have read, understood
and accepted these competition rules in addition to the site's Terms